I promise, no more toilet talk - except to say that all is functioning as normal :0)
Main highlight of today - coming home!
Today I had delivered my special chair, my special shower seat and my special toilet seat raiser. I feel very 'special'.
I thought coming home would be more exciting, and it is, but it adds another level of frustration. In hospital there is someone to do everything - nurses for all medical related needs, orderlies for fetching stuff, cleaners, food bringers. And because it's not your home and you only have minimal personal effects with you it's easy to just shut off. But now I am at home I look around and see stuff I want to do. Like fold away the washing on the rack that I did last Wednesday, tidy up the dining and coffee tables, clean the kitchen, take down to the garage the stuff we no longer need in the house which is still sitting in the courtyard. Of course Sebby could have done all these things but he's a boy and he doesn't get it.
But I also want to lay on my beloved leather lounge and veg out, play with the bunnies, go shopping and cook some nice dinners. But I can't do any of those things, yet. So it's actually frustrating at home because I see all these things and I'm stuck in my 'special' chair.
Yes I'm having a whinge, just bear with me.
I also think the next few weeks will be a serious test of Seb's and I relationship! I see something that needs to be done, so I do it. I'm not usually sitting still for long unless I'm absolutely smashed by a hangover and can't bear the light of day. Even then it takes a real bad one to stop me. Seb on the other hand sees stuff to be done - actually, what am I saying - he simply doesn't see stuff to be done! He's oblivious to it.
"Honey, I see you didn't put the washing away that's been on the rack since last Wednesday?"
"Oh, I didn't see it".
"How could you not see it? It's in the living room, you've probably walked past it 50 times!"
He shrugs.
He asks what I want for dinner - I say pasta and sauce from a jar is easy as we don't have much else. We both want a few chilli flakes in it.
"Where's the chilli flakes?"
"They're on the spice rack where they always are darling" I say.
" I can't find them! Where the hell are they? Have we run out? We must have run out. We haven't got any"
"Honey, they are definitely there. Stop having a 'boy' look and go through them properly"
"Oh we don't have any, there's none here."
"Ok, I'm coming over to find them for you."
I got to standing position.
"I found them! The jar was at the back , what's it doing at the back?"
Bear in mind the spice rack is about 2 jars deep by about 6 jars across over three levels. There is a fair amount of jars in there, but it's a small space - why can boys not see what is in front them??
That said, he has been up and down the stairs today about 10 times for me and he was required to clean up my spilt pee because those damn toilet seat raisers are not very practical!
Sorry, I did say no more toilet talk. Doh.
Anyway as I was saying, day one in our new, albeit temporary regime, is over. I'm sure I will have a few stories to tell as the days and weeks pass.
It is great to be home though :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment