Today was a sad day, for today I had to do the unthinkable, the inconceivable, the most devastating act of my life. I sold my tickets to Bon Jovi tonight :'-(
I realised 2 days ago that I'm just not stable and mobile enough on my feet to withstand the crowds and slippery floors at the football stadium. Yes, I cried. Yes, Seb chuckled. Not in a mean way, but in a way that made me realise how pathetic I was being! The tears didn't last long.
A nice English lady and her partner that just arrived in Sydney 3 days ago bought them - for half the cost I paid! Nothing like adding salt into the wounds. Whether you are a Bon Jovi fan or not, they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen and I've seen A LOT of bands - big and small. So I know that right now she and tens of thousands of others will be Giving Love a Bad Name whilst Living on a Prayer and going Wild in the Streets. They'll be Wanted Dead or Alive and will Never Say Goodbye. This could go on for 12 albums worth but I'll save you the pain and stop here!
Back to the subject of this blog - my troublesome hip. Seen the physio twice this week - unfortunately he's not hot. Oh well. However he assures me that my progress is good and at the expected stage. "It's all raw in there" he says "it will take at least a couple of weeks before you start feeling significantly better". Hmm, raw. Sounds as nasty as it is. Fortunately he's not as mean as the ones in the hospital and doesn't make me do too much. I'm doing all the exercises now, not easily, but I can manage them. I tell him I want to start cycling on my exercise bike as soon as possible, he thinks it's a good goal to have by the time his sessions finish with me which is the end of next week. That's promising to hear but I'm not too sure I can get my leg over yet - the bike or anything else for that matter!
The nurse visited too and insisted on changing my dressing even though they only changed it 2 days ago. The dressings they use these days are fantastic, they're completely water proof and super sticky. Actually the super sticky part was not good - ooooouuuuuuch! Why are you doing this to me!!!! Apparently my surgeon prefers his patients to have a certain type of dressing. What fucking difference could it possibly make? I did forget that my neighbour was right outside my patio door doing some renovation work on my courtyard as I pulled my bottoms down to show the nurse. Oops, I think he got an eyeful of at least one cheek!
Day three at home and I'm now sorted of all the things I need to get by throughout the day. My table on wheels came today so I no longer have to rest my laptop or dinner on my legs. I also got a long handled grabber for troublesome things that fall on the floor. The best piece of advice - an apron! Thanks for that one Laurel. This at least enables me to potter to the kitchen, fill up my drinks bottle, put it in the apron pocket and potter back to my 'special' chair. Marvellous!
Sebby has been very patient with his patient. Poor boy has been running about all over the place for me whilst trying to get some work done. Although he has threatened on more than one occasion to put on his Kate Bush DVD and walk away with the remote controls! Ooh I hate Kate Bush.
No comments:
Post a Comment